If you can swim a mile in the pool you are ready to transition to open water! The weekly Swim With Pedro workouts are a great way to train for upcoming events or be introduced to open water for the first time. Absolutely everyone is welcome to join!
- We are a non-competitive non-threatening group. Most participants are preparing for upcoming competitions, but some are not. All are invited to join.
- Bring Mack’s earplugs, a thermal swim cap, goggles, towels, a thermos of something hot to drink, and a good attitude.
- Swims are piloted by experienced kayakers. We break into groups according to the individual’s capability and interest.
- We warm up with stretching for swimmers for 10 minutes and then a brief run on the beach.
- Thursday swims meet at 6:00PM (Thursday evenings, March through September). We jump in the water at 6:30PM.
- Sunday swims meet at Aquatic Park bleachers at 10:00AM (Sunday mornings year round). We jump in the water at 10:30AM.
FOLLOW US ON FACEBOOK OR CHECK OUR WEBSITE AS SOME TIMES WE MOVE THE SWIM WORKOUT TO OTHER BEACHES OR SWIM PLACES DUE TO EVENTS OR PARK RESTRICTIONS.
Email us if you would like to receive weekly email reminders!