Expired2/27 Swim With Pedro at Crissy Field
- February 27, 2022
9:00 am - 12:00 pm
Meet us by the wall at the beach, right across from the bathrooms (the little building on the left) in the parking lot of Crissy Field East Beach.
A waiver is required for this swim! Fill one out if you haven't yet for 2022.
- Appropriate physical distancing at all times, both in and out of the water. This requires awareness and patience from all our swimmers. (This is also a good time to practice open water sighting techniques!)
- Online pre-registration for all swims. Drop-ins will not be allowed. Each swim session will have a limited number of swimmers. If you sing up and find out you will not be able to make the swim please send us an email firstname.lastname@example.org to cancel so we may open a new spot for another swimmer.
- Masks must be worn at all times outside of the water and immediately after your swim. This will be enforced for the safety and respect of all participants in our open water swim program, and as a necessity for WWS to operate as a small business during these times.
We will have hand disinfectant available at each practice and a few extra masks, just in case.
Our mission is to give you the opportunity to enjoy swimming with others while breathing in the fresh air, and support you as you train for your future swims and competitions.
As we learn more about our plans and when we have more details to share, we will keep you updated.
Best regards and wishes,
Coach Pedro and the WWS team
If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com.
SAVE/AUTOFILL YOUR REGISTRATION INFORMATION
Make a free account! You may already have one if you're a member, or have made an account before, so you can log in. With an account, fill out your registration info once and it will remember your answers each time you sign up. Easy!
PLEASE NOTE WE DO NOT ACCEPT CASH
If you cannot pay online, please bring a check made out to Water World Swim or pay via credit card online.
SAVE 10% BY PAYING ONLINE
Non-members will be charged $25 onsite, instead of $20 online.
USMS MEMBERS GET A DISCOUNT!
Fill out your waiver, mark that you’re a USMS member, and you’ll get a 10% off coupon good towards all swims – including weekly ones!
About joining a Swim With Pedro session
- JOINING US FOR THE FIRST TIME?
All levels of swimmers are welcome to join us – whether it’s your first open water swim, or you're training for an Ironman! If you can swim a mile in the pool, you are ready to transition to open water. The open water can be much more tiring which is why we recommend having a base of good swimming fitness before joining us. If you have strong fitness in other sports like running and cycling but not swimming and wish to try the bay anyway, you will be tired and that’s okay! It’ll be working new muscles and will get easier with more practice. Being able to swim a mile in the pool will just help you have a more successful first time out there.
- WE HAVE THREE DIFFERENT SWIM ROUTES: BEGINNER, INTERMEDIATE, AND ADVANCED
Because all levels swim with us, we want to make sure you swim according to your skill and comfort levels, so we’ll brief you before we get in the water on what those are. Don’t be bummed out if the beginner lane is the best place for you – it’s only up from there! Talk with a coach if you’re not sure where to start.
- YOU’LL BE SAFE & GUIDED IN THE WATER
Coaches will lead the swim in the water and swim with you in your group, and you’ll be led and flanked by experienced kayakers looking out for you. We'll also have coaches on shore, so you'll always be able to ask questions.
- WHAT TO BRING
Bring earplugs (we recommend Mack’s and will have some on hand as well), a thermal swim cap, goggles, towels, a thermos of something hot to drink and a snack, and a good attitude 🙂 You can swim wetsuit or skin and will have time to change during and before the briefing.
- BATHROOMS AND YOUR STUFF
There are no private showers at Aquatic Park or Crissy Field. Near Aquatic Park, there is a Starbucks and the Argonaut hotel if you need a restroom, and both Aquatic Park and Crissy Field have public showers to rinse off it at the beach. Everyone roughs it, has a laugh, and it’s always good to have a fellow swimmer help zip up that wetsuit! Staff will safely guard your things. Swimmers with us proudly have no incidents of theft.
LOCATION CHANGES ARE RARE BUT WHEN THEY HAPPEN, REGISTERED SWIMMERS ARE NOTIFIED BY EMAIL AND WE ANNOUNCE THE CHANGE ON OUR WEBSITE AND FACEBOOK PAGE.
Venue: Crissy Field picnic tables