UpcomingInternational Invitational Crossing And Competition
- June 13, 2021
6:30 am - 8:45 am
"Please note that we send out information for each swim (prior to the event) using MAILCHIMP. If you have not received a notice from us before your swim, please be sure to check your spam mail as it might be stuck there!"
June 13th , 2021
You do NOT have to be an Escape triathlete to participate
Up to 50 swimmers will start the swim at Alcatraz and finish at St. Francis beach
Water World Swim is excited to offer this International Alcatraz Crossing for those Escape triathletes who could not change their travel plans for the new Escape dates and still want to enter a race from Alcatraz on the same swim course as the Escape would have run. Awards will be given at the end of the race and categories will be announced as we get closer to the event.
Registered swimmers will receive an email 1 week prior to race day confirming conditions, temperatures, times, locations, parking options, etc. Passenger space, if available, will be made available for registration and announced in that email as well. If you do not receive the e-mail in your inbox please check your Spam folder as these type mailers often end up there.
When the information email has gone out, a link will be posted here.
- Appropriate physical distancing at all times, both in and out of the water. This requires awareness and patience from all our swimmers.
- Online pre-registration for all events. Drop-ins will not be allowed.
- Masks must be worn at all times outside of the water on the boat and immediately after your swim. This will be enforced for the safety and respect of all participants in our open water swim program, and as a necessity for WWS to operate as a small business during these times.
Your registration is non-refundable. Please review our refund and rollover policies before registering.
This information is subject to change.
Zoom Meeting invites will be sent out prior to race day to go over the course and rules.
- 6:30 am Meet at the corner of Jefferson and Jones streets, near Castagnola's restaurant. We will have a briefing and pass out Caps and other gear.
- 7:00 am Board the boat
- 7:30 am Jump. This will be a mass water Start once everyone is in the water we will blow a horn to signify the start of the race.