ExpiredAlcatraz Test Swim for Escape Tri 2018 WAITLIST
- June 2, 2018
6:15 am - 8:45 am
THIS IS A WAITLIST.
By signing up for the waitlist, we do not guarantee you will get a spot! If a spot becomes available, it will be released to swimmers in order of sign up, no exceptions. Full payment is required to join the waitlist.
- If a spot does not become available to you, you will be refunded your payment minus an $8 administration fee.
- If you pull out of the waitlist at any time, including declining an open place, you will be refunded your payment minus an $8 administration fee.
- If a spot does become available to you and you agree to take it, the usual non-refundable terms and conditions will apply. That means if you agree to take a place, but later can no longer take it, your fee is non-refundable!
- If a spot becomes available to you, we will let you know by email, so make sure your email address is free of typos!
- By signing up for the waitlist, you agree to these terms.
JUNE 2, 2018
You do NOT have to be an Escape triathlete to participate.
Seventy-five (75) swimmers will start the swim at Alcatraz and finish St. Francis
This test swim allows you to optionally complete the whole course, or hop-in hop-out at any time!
Curious about this swim? Read more about it here!
Registered swimmers will receive an email 1-2 weeks prior to race day confirming conditions, temperatures, times, locations, parking options, etc. Passenger space, if available, will be made available for registration and announced in that email as well.
This Alcatraz test swim is specially created for triathletes wanting to practice the swim portion of the Escape from Alcatraz Triathlon. Unlike the clinic, at the test swim you will have the option to swim the whole course, or just parts of it.
These crossings from Alcatraz are recommended for those swimmers who have either taken the Water World Swim Alcatraz Swim Clinic or who feel confident and have had prior experience swimming in cool open water. Our crossings are supported by the best Water World Swim pilots. After a brief, but thorough discussion of the conditions of the bay during your crossing, we will jump from our boat, and swim toward our destination across the bay.
Be on time! Bring 2 towels, warm clothes for on the boat and afterwards, have your wetsuit on in boat and be ready to jump. Bring your swim gear (cap, earplugs, goggles, etc.) and warm tea or drink in thermos for after.
Your registration is non-refundable. Please review our refund and rollover policies before registering.
This information is subject to change. Registered swimmers will receive an email 1-2 weeks prior to swim day confirming conditions, temperatures, times, locations, what to bring, parking options, etc. Passenger space, if available, will be made available for registration and announced in that email as well.
CLICK HERE FOR CONFIRMED DETAILS
Venue: Fisherman's Wharf near Castagnola's restaurant