Bridge to Bridge 10K
- August 29, 2015
7:15 am - 11:00 am
- AUGUST 29, 2015
- Mandatory briefing on August 28th, 2015 at Sports Basement 4:00-7:00pm (drop by window - briefings done in multiple sessions)
- 9th Annual Event
- Maximum of 25 swimmers
- $1000 prize for first place winner - $500 to the charity of your choice!
- 10k/6mi swim from the south tower of the Golden Gate Bridge to the Bay Bridge
- One of America’s Top 100 Open Water Swims!
- Register before Dec 31, 2014 for discounted prices!
IMPORTANT! Due to new Coast Guard ordinances, the following are required:
- You must have your own kayaker experienced in support and safety for open water swims. They will be provided with the proper equipment, such as lifejacket and radio.
- If you do not have one, WWS reserves the right to provide you with one for an additional fee.
- Both you (the swimmer) and the kayaker must attend the mandatory briefing on August 28, 2015 at Sports Basement.
- If you have a kayaker but no kayak, WWS will reserve you one for a $50 fee.
- If you do not have a kayaker or kayak, WWS will reserve you one for an $85 fee.
- The registration fee has increased due to increased permit and Coast Guard fees.
- Due to the challenging nature of this swim, there are no New Waves discounts and New Waves must pay the full member fee.
This 10K (approx. 6 mi) race begins at the south tower of the Golden Gate Bridge and finishes at the Bay Bridge. This legendary swim is recommended for elite swimmers wanting to race between two landmark bridges in the exciting bay waters.
The race is organized in two divisions, Non-Wetsuit and Wetsuit, for male and female swimmers. All first time swimmers of this race must submit a swim bio or a brief swim resume and are encouraged to complete a qualifying swim before the race. Swimmers with questionable open water experience will be required to complete a qualifying course.
This swim is not for novices. This event is for experienced open-water swimmers only. You should be able to swim one mile comfortably in a pool in under 40 minutes. If you need advice, support, and coaching for this swim, Water World Swim can help. Please check our no-refund policy before registering.
Please review our refund and rollover policies before registering. We do not do refunds but may issue a rollover credit if eligible. If you sign up and WWS deems you inexperienced for the level of this swim and denies your participation, you will be refunded 100%.
- Mandatory briefing August 28, 2015 4-7pm
- 6:45am – Meet at Fisherman’s Wharf at Jefferson and Jones Streets
- 7:15am – Boarding
- 7:30 am – Jump in the water at the Golden Gate Bridge
Finish line will be at the Bay Bridge.
We do not give refunds! We have a rollover credit policy instead. Please read our terms and conditions before registering.
Choose your participant type
Venue: Fisherman's Wharf near Castagnola's restaurant