UpcomingBridge to Bridge 10K 2021
- August 21, 2021
6:15 am - 10:45 am
"Please note that we send out information for each swim (prior to the event) using MAILCHIMP. If you have not received a notice from us before your swim, please be sure to check your spam mail as it might be stuck there!"
THIS DATE IS SUBJECT TO COAST GUARD CONFIRMATION
This means this is the date we are planning on, but the Coast Guard still needs to confirm it before it's set in stone. The Coast Guard is a busy place, and it can sometimes be months before they give us approval. So how often do they not approve it? Very rarely, but if you need to book travel or otherwise need absolute certainty, you might want to wait. Just know the the swim might fill up and we don't hold spots!
August 21st, 2021 - 15TH ANNUAL EVENT
50 swimmers will start the race at the Golden Gate Bridge South Tower and finish at the Bay Bridge Alpha Tower
A 10k/6mi swim from the south tower of the Golden Gate Bridge to the Bay Bridge!
Curious about this race? Read more about it here!
Registered swimmers will receive an email 1 week prior to race day confirming conditions, temperatures, times, locations, parking options, etc. Passenger space, if available, will be made available for registration and announced in that email as well. If you do not receive the e-mail in your inbox please check your Spam folder as these type mailers often end up there.
When the information email has gone out, a link will be posted here.
This 10K (approx. 6 mi) race begins at the south tower of the Golden Gate Bridge and finishes at the Bay Bridge. This legendary swim is recommended for elite swimmers wanting to race between two landmark bridges in the exciting bay waters! With stunning views of all San Francisco's great landmarks, this is a swimming tour of a race if there ever was one. You won't want to miss out on this San Francisco bay adventure!
Swimmers will list their experience when they register and this information will be heavily considered. Feel free to submit your pool or open water mile times, or previous race results and experience, for consideration before registering by contacting us. This swim is also great practice for longer endurance swims such as Manhattan Island and the English Channel.
Your registration is non-refundable. Please review our refund and rollover policies before registering.
Basic Safety Precautions and Limits
- Online pre-registration for all swims. Drop-ins will not be allowed .
- Appropriate physical distancing at all times, both in and out of the water and while on the boat. This requires awareness and patience from all our swimmers.
- Masks must be worn at all times on the boat, outside of the water and after your swim. Please respect all participants in our open water swim program and serve as a role model so WWS can continue to organize swims and operate as a small business during these times.
This information is subject to change. Registered swimmers will receive an email 1 week prior to race day confirming conditions, temperatures, times, locations, parking options, etc. If you do not receive the e-mail in your inbox please check your Spam folder as these type mailers often end up there. Passenger space, please email a request to email@example.com and we will put you on a list. If spots are available payment will be made the morning of the event with credit card. Cost is $55 per passenger. We cannot guarantee passenger space and any made available is first come, first served.
August 20th, 2021
- 4-7pm Mandatory pre-race day swim briefing at Sports Basement. Drop in any time between 4-7pm!
August 21, 2021 - RACE DAY
- 6:15am Meet at Fisherman’s Wharf at Jefferson and Jones Streets
- 6:345am Board the boat
- 7:15am Jump in the water. Finish line will be at the Alpha Tower of the Bay Bridge just off the Embarcadero. Swimmers will board the boat again after finishing to return to the wharf.