Expired Golden Gate Bridge 2018 WAITLIST
- August 18, 2018
6:00 am - 9:00 am
THIS IS A WAITLIST.
By signing up for the waitlist, we do not guarantee you will get a spot! If a spot becomes available, it will be released to swimmers in order of sign up, no exceptions. Full payment is required to join the waitlist.
- If a spot does not become available to you, you will be refunded your payment minus an $8 administration fee.
- If you pull out of the waitlist at any time, including declining an open place, you will be refunded your payment minus an $8 administration fee.
- If a spot does become available to you and you agree to take it, the usual non-refundable terms and conditions will apply. That means if you agree to take a place, but later can no longer take it, your fee is non-refundable!
- If a spot becomes available to you, we will let you know by email, so make sure your email address is free of typos!
- By signing up for the waitlist, you agree to these terms.
Please note that in the past, drop outs have occurred largely in the two weeks prior to race day. If you are serious about participating if given the chance, you must be ready to prepare for this event in the knowledge that you may find out you're in just a couple weeks - or even a couple days - before race day!
AUGUST 18, 2018 - 13TH ANNUAL EVENT
Fifty (50) swimmers will start the race at the South Tower and finish at Fingerpoint Rock
A thrilling world class swim at a historic landmark for experienced swimmers!
Curious about this race? Read more about it here!
Registered swimmers will receive an email 1-2 weeks prior to race day confirming conditions, temperatures, times, locations, parking options, etc. Passenger space, if available, will be made available for registration and announced in that email as well.
This 3K (approx. 1.15 mi) race begins at the ocean side of the south tower of the Golden Gate Bridge near Ft. Point Beach and goes under the Golden Gate Bridge past the north tower and finishes at Finger Point Rock. This is a rare opportunity to swim one of the most thrilling open water, world class competitions ever near a legendary historical landmark with unique currents from the Pacific Ocean and the San Francisco Bay.
This swim is not for novices. This event is for experienced open-water swimmers only. You should be able to swim one mile comfortably in a pool in under 40 minutes. If you need advice, support, and coaching for this swim, Water World Swim can help. Feel free to submit your pool or open water mile times, or previous race results, for consideration before registering by contacting us.
Your registration is non-refundable. Please review our refund and rollover policies before registering.
This information is subject to change. Registered swimmers will receive an email 1-2 weeks prior to race day confirming conditions, temperatures, times, locations, parking options, etc. Passenger space, if available, will be made available for registration and announced in that email as well.
Meet at Fisherman’s Wharf at Jefferson and Jones Streets
Board the boat
Jump in the water. Finish line will be at Fingerpoint Rock. Swimmers will board the boat again after finishing to return to the wharf by 10:00am.