Expired May 27th Swim AP to Warming Hut(kayak)
- AP to Warming Hut
May 27, 2023
7:00 am - 12:00 pm
Saturday, May 27th, 2023 8:00AM
Up to 15 swimmers will join our coaches for a long distance swim of 3 plus miles from Aquatic Park to the Warming Hut . Our coaches will give some tips and guide you along the way. On this swim, you will be introduced to the idea of fueling and hydrating while doing longer distance swims. Please bring 1 water bottle filled with water or some type of sports drink that you want to experiment with. Please make sure your bottle is easily identifiable (your name in sharpie, bright colored, etc...). Also, bring one solid food source that you would like to experiment with. Cut up pieces of a favorite sports bar are popular items. The food should be inside of a Ziplock bag with you name clearly indicated on the bag. This will be a great way to get some extra distance in for those getting ready for our longer swims like Swim Around the Rock , Bridge to Bridge or another relay.
- Route – Aquatic Park to Warming Hut
- Distance – Approximately 3.5 miles or 5.5 K
- Sighting - Instructions will be given at briefings before the swim
- Tip - Catch the Ebb and get a nice ride with the current
- Route - Aquatic Park Launching from the Beach with our swimmers!
- Follow the swimmers out of Aquatic Park and turning West (Left) Keeping offshore to stay in the Ebb currents. We'll pass close to Chrissy Rock and aim toward the "Presidio Shoal Buoy 2" (A Red Triangle on a Post off of the West end of Chrissy Beach...
- Distance - About 5.5K with an Ebb current assist. Paddlers will likely paddle back to Aquatic Park using the eddy's close to shore.
- Special - This is a longer distance training for swimmers and many swimmers will be using feeds (water bottles or bags of snacks etc.). we'll coordinate the day of the event.
- 07:15 - Meet at Aquatic Park beach on the east side by the showers. (the usual spot)
- 07:30 - Briefing. Be ready to hit the water right after the briefing.
- 07:45 - Swimmers Briefing and final instructions.
- 08:00- Swimmers and Kayaks Launch!