Expired Messina Strait Crossing July 19 2017
- July 19, 2017
8:00 am - 10:00 am
You'll swim from Messina, Sicilia Via Fortino in Sicily, to Cannitello, Calabria in Italy with strong currents in your favor. Water World Swim Italy's Coach Alessandro "Ale" Gottardis will be at your side. With water at 73-77 degrees Fahrenheit, you can shed that wetsuit and soak up the blue Mediterranean - and the delicious food and wine in the region! You'll get a finisher's medal, t-shirt, WWS membership ($325 value) and a certificate of completion.
Your fee includes coaches, safety support, vessel, and permits - all that is needed for the swim itself. It does not include any of your travel, accommodation, or meal costs. Your registration is non-refundable.
Paid & registered swimmers must provide the following via email to firstname.lastname@example.org after payment:
- A copy of your passport
- A scan of a passport-style and sized photo
- Fill out the International Application (does not need to be emailed, but is filled out and submitted online) Items 1-3 above can be submitted via this application rather than in a separate email.
For Your Information (more to come)
- Your registration is non-refundable
- The nearest airport is Catania-Fontarossa
- Your pilot Giovanni and Coach Ale recommend Gechi Di Mari, a local B&B. We will have more recommendations to come
- The night before the crossing, we will all meet at Bar Fiumara for dinner with a great view of the strait
- Coach Pedro will be there leading up to the swim, so let us know if you are in town and would like to talk about the swim!