Expired September Monthly Alcatraz to St. Francis 2018 WAITLIST
- September 15, 2018
8:00 am - 10:30 am
THIS IS A WAITLIST.
By signing up for the waitlist, we do not guarantee you will get a spot! If a spot becomes available, it will be released to swimmers in order of sign up, no exceptions. Full payment is required to join the waitlist.
- If a spot does not become available to you, you will be refunded your payment minus an $8 administration fee.
- If you pull out of the waitlist at any time, including declining an open place, you will be refunded your payment minus an $8 administration fee.
- If a spot does become available to you and you agree to take it, the usual non-refundable terms and conditions will apply. That means if you agree to take a place, but later can no longer take it, your fee is non-refundable!
- If a spot becomes available to you, we will let you know by email, so make sure your email address is free of typos!
- By signing up for the waitlist, you agree to these terms.
Please note that in the past, drop outs have occurred largely in the two weeks prior to race day. If you are serious about participating if given the chance, you must be ready to prepare for this event in the knowledge that you may find out you're in just a couple weeks - or even a couple days - before race day!
SEPTEMBER 15, 2018
Forty seven (47) swimmers will start the swim at Alcatraz and finish at St. Francis
This swim is not timed and not competitive. You are welcome to time yourself. A great first time Alcatraz swim!
Curious about this swim? Read more about it here!
Registered swimmers will receive an email 1 week prior to race day confirming conditions, temperatures, times, locations, parking options, etc. Passenger space, if available, will be made available for registration and announced in that email as well.
These crossings from Alcatraz are recommended for those swimmers who have either taken a Water World Swim Alcatraz clinic or who feel confident and have had prior experience swimming in cool open water. Also great practice for triathletes!
Our crossings are limited to small number of swimmers and are accompanied by three or more of our coaches. Our crossings are supported by experienced safety kayakers. Swimmers will be divided in two or three groups of slow, medium and competitive levels in which are accompanied by our coaches. After a brief but thorough discussion of the conditions of the bay during your crossing, you will jump from our boat, and swim towards your destination across the bay.
Your registration is non-refundable. Please review our refund and rollover policies before registering.
This information is subject to change. Registered swimmers will receive an email 1 week prior to swim day confirming conditions, temperatures, times, locations, what to bring, parking options, etc. Passenger space, if available, will be made available for registration and announced in that email as well.
Meet at Fisherman's Wharf at Jefferson & Jones streets
Board the boat
Jump in the water. Finish line will be at St. Francis. Swimmers will board the boat again to return to the wharf.