UpcomingSwim Around the Rock 2019
- August 10, 2019
6:15 am - 10:15 am
THIS DATE IS SUBJECT TO COAST GUARD CONFIRMATION
This means this is the date we are planning on, but the Coast Guard still needs to confirm it before it's set in stone. The Coast Guard is a busy place, and it can sometimes be months before they give us approval. So how often do they not approve it? Very rarely, but if you need to book travel or otherwise need absolute certainty, you might want to wait. Just know the the swim might fill up and we don't hold spots!
AUGUST 10, 2019 - 14TH ANNUAL EVENT
30 swimmers will start the race at St. Francis, swim around Alcatraz, and finish at Aquatic Park
A challenging 3.6 mile swim for very experienced open water competitors!
Curious about this race? Read more about it here!
Registered swimmers will receive an email 2-4 weeks prior to race day confirming conditions, temperatures, times, locations, parking options, etc. Passenger space, if available, will be made available for registration and announced in that email as well. When the information email has gone out, a link will be posted here.
Join us for this round trip Alcatraz swim! This swim is a great challenge for fast swimmers that requires a strategic race plan to swim the 3.6 mile course with tides and fast currents around Alcatraz. This is also an excellent event to help prepare for longer open water endurance competitions. Some of the best open water swimmers at the national level compete in Swim Around The Rock.
This swim starts off the beach of St. Francis, and you'll swim along a fast and exciting current. But as you make your way clockwise around Alcatraz, that's where the challenge steps up to the plate - you'll have to navigate not only around the prison, but through the currents as you make your way to Aquatic Park. A challenge you won't forget for sure!
This swim is not for novices. This event is for experienced open-water swimmers only. If you need advice, support, and coaching for this swim, Water World Swim can help.
Your registration is non-refundable. Please review our refund and rollover policies before registering.
This information is subject to change. Registered swimmers will receive an email 1-2 weeks prior to race day confirming conditions, temperatures, times, locations, parking options, etc. Passenger space, if available, will be made available for registration and announced in that email as well. We cannot guarantee passenger space and any made available is first come, first served. When the information email has gone out, a link will be posted here.
- 6:15 AM Meet at the Aquatic Park bleachers for check-in and briefing. Park in the area and your belongings left at the bleachers will be guarded by staff.
- 6:45 AM We will board a shuttle at the Maritime Museum (900 Beach St.) to head to St. Francis. Limited spectators are welcome to come with so they can watch you start! You can also bring belongings on the shuttle and they will be returned to Aquatic Park for you.
- 7:30 AM Race starts, pending Coast Guard clearance!
- 7:45 AM Shuttle will head back to the Aquatic Park area along with any spectators, belongings, and staff.
- We cannot wait if you are late! Sorry 🙁
- You will finish at Aquatic Park. On shore we will have snacks, refreshments, and an award ceremony.
Venue: Aquatic Park bleachers