ExpiredSwim Around the Rock 2021
- July 31, 2021
6:00 am - 10:15 am
"Please note that we send out information for each swim (prior to the event) using MAILCHIMP. If you have not received a notice from us before your swim, please be sure to check your spam mail as it might be stuck there!"
SWIM STARTS PENDING COAST GUARD VESSEL TRAFFIC CLEARANCE
This means this is the date we are planning on, but the Coast Guard still needs to confirm it before it's set in stone. The Coast Guard is a busy place, and it can sometimes be months before they give us approval. So how often do they not approve it? Very rarely, but if you need to book travel or otherwise need absolute certainty, you might want to wait. Just know the the swim might fill up and we don't hold spots!
July 31st, 2021 - 16TH ANNUAL EVENT
30 swimmers will start the race at St. Francis, swim around Alcatraz, and finish at Aquatic Park
A challenging 3.6 mile swim for very experienced open water competitors!
Curious about this race? Read more about it here!
Registered swimmers will receive an email 1 week prior to race day confirming conditions, temperatures, times, locations, parking options, etc. Passenger space, if available, will be made available for registration and announced in that email as well. If you do not receive the e-mail in your inbox please check your Spam folder as these type mailers often end up there.
When the information email has gone out, a link will be posted here.
Join us for this round trip Alcatraz swim! This swim is a great challenge for fast swimmers that requires a strategic race plan to swim the 3.6 mile course with tides and fast currents around Alcatraz. This is also an excellent event to help prepare for longer open water endurance competitions. Some of the best open water swimmers at the national level compete in Swim Around The Rock.
This swim starts off the beach of St. Francis, and you'll swim along a fast and exciting current. But as you make your way clockwise around Alcatraz, that's where the challenge steps up to the plate - you'll have to navigate not only around the prison, but through the currents as you make your way to Aquatic Park. A challenge you won't forget for sure!
This swim is not for novices. This event is for experienced open-water swimmers only. If you need advice, support, and coaching for this swim, Water World Swim can help.
Your registration is non-refundable. Please review our refund and rollover policies before registering.
Basic Safety Precautions and Limits
- Online pre-registration for all swims. Drop-ins will not be allowed .
- Appropriate physical distancing at all times, both in and out of the water and while on the boat. This requires awareness and patience from all our swimmers.
- Masks must be worn at all times on the boat, outside of the water and after your swim. Please respect all participants in our open water swim program and serve as a role model so WWS can continue to organize swims and operate as a small business during these times.
This information is subject to change. Registered swimmers will receive an email 1 week prior to race day confirming conditions, temperatures, times, locations, parking options, etc. If you do not receive the e-mail in your inbox please check your Spam folder as these type mailers often end up there.
- 6:00 am Check-in opens at St. Francis Beach.
- 6:30 am Race briefing.
- 6:45 am Race starts pending coast guard clearance.
- We cannot wait if you are late! Sorry 🙁
- You will finish at Aquatic Park. On shore we will have snacks, refreshments, and an award ceremony.
Venue: St. Francis Yacht Club