Alcatraz to St. Francis route – often an easier crossing due to strong ebbs pushing swimmers
Alcatraz to Aquatic Park route – the classic crossing featured in our annual Alcatraz races
The crossings from Alcatraz are recommended for swimmers who have either taken the Water World Swim Alcatraz Swim Clinic or who feel confident and have had prior experience swimming in the open water.
Our crossings are usually limited to 30-35 swimmers and are accompanied by three or more of our coaches. Our crossings are supported by the best Water World Swim kayaker pilots. After a brief but thorough discussion of the conditions of the bay during your crossing, we will jump from the boat and swim toward our destination across the bay.
Swimmers will be divided in two or three groups of slow, medium and competitive levels which are accompanied by our coaches. This is an exciting and thrilling swim for all levels!
Island to Island is a unique monthly crossing.
- MONTHLY YEAR ROUND
- Maximum 35 swimmers
- 1.25 mi swim from Alcatraz to Aquatic Park or St. Francis
- The St. Francis route is easier due to ebbs, and is a common route for major triathlons
- The Aquatic Park route is slightly more challenging, and featured in our annual events
- $205 registration fee, $149 for members
- Recommended for WWS Clinic participants or Alcatraz 100 club members